Come and see in the New Year in truly decadent style! The future was so uncertain in 1920s Berlin that for many it made more sense just to live for the present—take a leaf out of their book and spend the last night of 2013 in a whirlwind of Champagne, dancing, laughter and glamour.
The revels will take place across three floors of Herr Kettner's gorgeous house, including the exotic Champagne Bar on the ground floor, with live entertainment at every turn.
A limited number of full dining tickets are now available, priced at £165. Your evening begins with a welcome drink at 7.30pm, followed by a four-course dinner from 8pm (to see the sumptuous menu click on the image on the right), with wine included in the price, plus exclusive cabaret performances in the dining room. After dinner, wander the house and wallow in the hedonism…
Non-dining tickets are £50, including a welcome drink and all the main entertainment, with admission from 8.30pm.
Here is what we have on offer (more to be announced):
● In the Ballroom there will be live 1920s ragtime, jazz and swing music courtesy of the Basin Street Brawlers plus vintage DJing from Vince Moses, and complimentary dance lessons from Paul and Louise of the Swingtime Dance Co.
● In the Kabaret Lounge the revels will be led by that cheeky mistress of the ukulele Tricity Vogue, with daring burlesque from glamourpuss Ruby Deshabillé ● seductive siren song from the silver-tongued Dolores Delight ● riotous comedy magic from Christian Lee ● acerbic wit mixed with European cool from professional Frenchman Marcel Lucont ● all ably accompanied on the piano by cross-dressing ivory-tickler Von Klaus
● When not on stage, Christian will be wandering from room to room, befuddling all with displays of close-up magic
● For those without dining tickets there will still be a bar food menu featuring a special selection of dishes evoking Grand European café culture of the Weimar period. Guests are also welcome to dine in the Brasserie before joining the party (reservation required)
● Treat yourself to professional vintage styling from Lipstick & Curls, whose pop-up salon will offer appointments in the afternoon and touch-ups during the party (call 0208 690 6416 or email to book)
● Have a glamorous vintage photo portrait taken at our in-house pop-up studio by the talented but discreet HansonLeatherby, gentleman photographer
● Sample the specially designed Herr Kettner's Kabaret cocktails at our three bars: click here for the cocktail menu
● After the traditional countdown to midnight, the cabaret, music and revelry will continue till 3am
● To see the dedicated Facebook event for this party click here